Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I prefer older kids

I only have five more weeks till my next bundle of joy comes. This brings me happiness and a tinge of sadness at the same time. I am happy to have a sibling for Jonas but starting the infant stage all over again is not something that I smile about. Some people are shocked when I say this but I really don't like babies. Now if they are my own I will endure it but if I could have my kids come at age 4 I would be thrilled. For a long time I thought that I wanted to work in an overseas orphanage, but my husband kindly reminded me there would be lots of babies there, I knew teaching is where I am really called.
Anyhow, hopefully soon my husband and I will leave for missionary training at MMS and then head overseas. We are excited but waiting on God's timing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Caroline. I forgot how much I missed you until I read that.

Hey, I am home in July...
You coming down for grace's wedding? You are invited!

tsbjf said...

Only five more weeks! Well, at least you know what age group you are better suited for. I don't think the baby stage is easy on anyone! It is a lot of work. Then the 1 to 2 years stage is chasing after them trying to keep them from killing themselves. Little kids are an adventure!