Friday, August 6, 2010

2 month old Lucy Lou
















So I had Lucy two months ago on June 2nd but you know how motherhood is I am just now getting around to writing about it. She was 6lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches long. She was three weeks early due to my second bout of preclampsia. They induced me on a Tuesday morning and she was born Thursday morning, it was horrible after realizing she wasn't going to come on her own they finally did a c-section. The c-section led to a kindney infection, seizures, and a spinal corn leak. So after nine more days I was finally able to breathe fresh air again and see my little boy. Then I spent six weeks recovering with strict restrictions of carrying no heavy objects and lots of rest. So we thankfully relied upon child labor and hired to ten year old girls from our church to help me out for those six weeks. Even ten year old help is not cheap these days . It was funny to see how the girls had no clue how much things cost because after we gave them quite a large amount of money when asked, " What do you plan to do with it?" One girl replied, I would like to go see a movie and then said, " Do you think I have enough ?" I then said, " Well you could watch 28 movies at the theatres and still have enough." She said, " Oh I think I might go to McDonalds too." :)





Well things are busy around here and I never knew how time consuming two kids are compared to one. A little funny story to end the post. Yesterday I took Lucy to her two month check up and since I have two kids to tote around, I put Lucy in her carrier in the stroller and hold Jonas' hand. Well we were cruising through the parking lot when Jonas let go of my hand was headed straight for a moving car. I let go of the stroller and let my cat like reflexes chase after him. After I grabbbed him I looked back to see Lucy rolling down the parking lot in the stroller toward four lanes of traffic. I immediately put Jonas in a football hold and took off after Lucy who was moving quite fast for a two month old. I grabbed her in time and then began to pant back up the hill toward the hosptial. I then thought I really need to start running again, that will have to wait till I stop breastfeeeding :(





Well as I type here Jonas has taken the vent cover off the floor and is throwing something in it. Idle hands are for the devil I suppose.

3 comments:

tsbjf said...

Oh wow, good thing your reflexes kicked in and you caught both kids in time! It is kind of scary sometimes balancing the act of watching over two kids rather than just one.

I'm glad you are finally ok after that birth experience! Did not sound good! What a wonderful result though, your beautiful baby girl.

MagenRanae said...

Just getting around to reading this -- and wow! Sounds like a pretty eventful 2 months! I'm glad you got some help from those girls. It's hilarious that her highest hopes were a movie and mcd's!

Also, I can just see you carrying Jonas in a "football hold" while running after a stroller.

Hope things have gotten easier...I guess I'll have to read more of your more recent blog posts to know for sure! :)

MagenRanae said...

Congrats on the baby girl, by the way!