Thursday, July 10, 2008

07/10/2008

So after posting yesterday about my uneventful schedule today was full swing. So maybe that is the last time I should complain about being a grandma. It is now 4:03 p.m. and not one single nap today, what I am going to do with myself. Poor Ben I will be in bed by 7 p.m. for sure. Anyhow, today I babsit for let's see 9 nine kids yes all the same family. Their mother had to go to a meeting and their dad is a soldier in Iraq so from time to time I hang out with the kids so their mother asked if I would mind coming over free of charge to watch them. Which I gladly agreed. The morning went smoothly a few of them got up, ate, got dressed, and cleaned their rooms. Then by ten all nine of them were up that is when the real fun began. "With someone yelling hey give me the hangman game no me.." Me thinking I was the perfect babysitter, Ibegan to think twice. I ended up sending one of the kids to their room which accompanied loud wailing and screaming which I ignored. Then it was time to have them play outside. Which is fine except trying to watch eight of them on bikes and cars and neighbors wore me out. Plus holding a nine and feeding a nine month old, I began to strongly reconsider the birth control option. Don't get me wrong I love big families I came from one of them , but bless soul of the mother who cares for all of them. I began to understand how my mother must have felt, which my mother would snicker in the bliss of her daughter finally understanding. Well then lunched came and the challenge of preparing lunch for all of them began a full cyle restaraunt. Koolaid in one area, hamburger cooking, chips being handed out, cheese being grated. Then the sound you dread to hear oh no I dropped the kool aid as the red streak flows on the kitchen floor. Clean up the mess, then come to realize the meat is burning. Take the meat off the stove just in time to realize the girl who was grating the cheese is no longer to be found and you are left finishing the job. So you finally sit down count the kids and realize two boys are missing. Well when they are found with a frog outside the door in their hand. You wait while they wash up for the second time. Come in and then look at the empty jug of kool aid and don't even decide to ask what happened to that and just begin to make another picture. The little girl with a bright red mustache preceeds to respond I did not drink all the kool aid. I say okay let's just pray. Pray they eat then beg to go swimming. They swim for a couple of hours while trying to save a few from permanent head injury or drowning. Then you glance over to the side of the pool and the one child you have dismissed from the pool now has himself hanging from the clothesline. Then the glorious person who you are now referring to as a saint walks in the door and you are relieved, you just smile nad realize, "I'm free well until next time." Below are a few pictures of the angelic mini angels.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's so crazy! At least you'll just be having one to start out with. haha! I don't know if I could handle that many kids. I don't think I'm cut out for that.

tsbjf said...

Woah. What a day! That was a lot of kids to keep track of! Ya, moms with that many kids must be really tough. It made me tired just reading your post! :)